Saturday, November 17, 2012

Checking in on Me

I've decided to try to blog once a week to check in on myself and where I'm at. My last post was a lot more negative than I had intended (thanks for your comments btw Mom!) and I just want to start setting some goals and getting in touch with myself. I think my mom's comment is correct... you have children and it changes your life. You are NOT the same person and now is just my time to start redefining or restructuring or something.
I guess this is kind of personal for a blog, given that blogs are public... but I suppose they are only as public as they are interesting and I like this format for some of my journaling. It's usually about the only journal writing I do. So anyway, this week...

We have made great strides to eat more fruits and vegetables this week. I thought I didn't do too badly with this but making a conscious effort has made a big difference. I have also cut back on sugar and caffeine which seems to have helped enormously already. And probably the biggest thing I've done is I started doing a yoga video before I go to bed at night. I think it will change my life if I keep it up!
It's a short and relatively simple video but it feels really good! I'm stretching and flexing and connecting physically to my body. Mentally my mind just goes and I realize how little time I have during the day for my own thoughts. I try to just let them go. As the video suggests, let my mind become a casual observer... and it works! I've been sleeping better when I am asleep. I don't wake up with my back hurting, among other aches and pains that were making me feel old before my time. And my mood has been elevated immensely. It's very exciting!
I've worn make-up a bit more often this week but have also been feeling like it's not THAT important, which is a nice thing to remember. I want to wear it to feel better not so I don't feel ugly; it's a subtle difference but one I need to figure out.
Recently I subscribed to a couple magazines, Parents and Better Homes and Gardens (I feel like such a grown up). Having them sitting on the counter has given me some pretty pictures to look at and a few interesting articles to think about. At least it's a start.

This week my goals will be to continue. Thanksgiving is Thursday and I'm excited to have my family out to my house. I hope to think this week about some goals for myself for the coming weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment