Friday, November 4, 2011

Trick or Treat

Decorating cupcakes
As you can imagine, one cupcake ended up with A LOT of sprinkles :)

Proof Caius had some happy times in all this!


Learning the joys of licking the beaters when baking!

Caius has been having a hard time. Teething and six month shots all in the same week!


She finally got frustrated with the hat and quit wearing it.

I can't decide which is the cutest picture!

"Aaarrr!"


This felt like our first real Halloween. On Saturday, the grocery store around the corner posted signs that they would be doing trick or treating, cookie decorating and a witch walk. I wasn't sure what to expect; perhaps in a small town, it would be something or maybe the store was just trying to get people in. But, we went over anyway. Turned out to not be much, but Rayne did get one treat and that was plenty to make her happy.
Saturday afternoon, the Kelsey grandparents and Aunt Nini came over. I made some beef stew and biscuits thing. Yes, I said beef stew. Funny what pregnancy and being hungry teaches you is okay to like. We also made cupcakes.
Rayne wanted to be a red princess. Of course, we had to wait until the payday (ie. Thursday) before Halloween to get her costume and we shop at Walmart where we get an employee discount. They didn't have too much to offer in her size. We found this cute pirate princess outfit and went with it. She was happy with it. When I first put it on her, she ran through the house saying "aaarrrr!" It was really cute. Caius' ghost costume was what Rayne wore her first Halloween. He looked really cute. The happy ghost seemed to match his happy personality.


2 comments:

  1. These really are precious...such good memories. I love the togetherness of everybody on the kitchen counter. You all are so cute. I have to tell you..It's an amazing and happy feeling to see your own little girl playing with her real-life dolls. You are all just sooooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I am so glad you have a house to do all this fun stuff in!! Your kids are adorable! I only wish I could have been there! You know it's always been my family's tradition to have beef stew for Halloween! I am so proud of you for saying the word (or at least typing it!!). I miss yoU!!!!

    ReplyDelete