Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mama's Boy

Caius gets so excited just because I walk in the room. He jumps up and down in his play thing and raises his arms above his head just wanting me to pick him up.
The other day I was getting him to laugh just by doing silly things. We've played this way before but this time it just seemed less like an involuntary reaction and like he was truly enjoying himself... and me.
I don't think anyone has ever looked at me the way Caius does. Pure and complete love in his eyes. Almost an infatuation. It makes me feel so good, so sure about what I'm doing, and like I want to be more and better. I want to be everything to this little guy. I want to show him everything that is good and beautiful about the feminine and motherhood.
I read in the Relief Society book a quote from Joseph F. Smith (or was it Joseph Fielding Smith?) about how when things were hard or he felt tempted he would think of all his mother had done for him. It was her love that gave him strength to be who he was and do the right things.
Remember the love of your mother my boy! Nobody loves you more.

2 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful sentiment...I've seen him look at you in a very special way ever since day one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful, JoAnna, and so special! Love you! Do you have internet now at home?

    ReplyDelete