Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

 The kids helped me make a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I think I have eaten most of it throughout the week and officially overdosed on cake. My favorite part is that Rayne decorated it for me with sprinkles-pretty!
 We went to lunch at La Frontera in Tooele. It is kind of dark and quiet, though I hear it gets quite crowded during peak times. I had chile verde enchiladas- YUM! Caius burned his finger on my plate and cried for quite a while resulting in the kids mostly eating a lollipop for lunch even though we ordered them their own quesadilla. Poor baby! He was okay and kept touching things saying "hot."

 There was a fun little park behind the restaurant that we went and played on after lunch. It was fun having Daddy with us. And the day wasn't TOO hot so that was nice.


I took a self portrait. Those never turn out well from what I've seen. But, I think I look happy and I like my hair :) I didn't have too many expectations for the day but felt quite satisfied at the end of it. I actually relaxed and felt happy and pretended we had money and didn't worry about it. Oh, and I drank Coke. That always helps.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a fun day. And I still have to chuckle when you say you drink Coke. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair color, JoAnna!!! Happy birthday!!! Glad it was relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I seen these pictures before? Everything looks brandnew on this pretty red background.

    ReplyDelete