Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Christmas

I didn't take as many pictures at Christmas as I thought I would. We had a lot of fun though. Rayne is old enough to be excited by lights and Santa Clause and learning that reindeer can fly and young enough to not expect too much for presents etc. Luckily, Jeff worked for a while in November and I was able to do some fun things. And, Rayne has very generous grandparents. Above: Rayne's first coloring book. She got some kid friendly markers in her stocking, but they didn't turn out to be the greatest idea. We have since bought some washable crayons and she LOVES to color!
Santa brought a farm. Rayne knows a lot of her animals and animal sounds. The farm makes sounds when certain doors are open. She loves to line up the animals to watch Daddy play games or lay them on their noses so they are "sniffing" the ground.

This is Christmas morning. I had planned on her bathing and wearing some cute red jammies that she has, but we were out late the night before and she fell asleep on the way home. Thus, the dirty (but cute) clothes.
The quilt over the snowman box is one I started making probably just after I finished high school, just for fun and mostly during General Conference. It was fun, and felt like quite an accomplishment, to finish it for my daughter. A lot of time and dreams went into making it!

This one's just cute.

Rayne's great grandma gave her this buggy and a talking, singing dog.

Those farm animals and Rayne have come to help. I better push post before this all disappears...

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for next Christmas to come. We'll have another baby to play with. Thanks for sharing these pics. Your Dad came home and asked if I had seen them yet, but I hadn't. That seems to surprise him. Rayne is just so adoreable, so pretty, so amusing. I'm glad you have her with you...you deserve the best.

    ReplyDelete