Friday, March 29, 2013

Mama-Do-List

Not only does it help me to get things done, I find having a bit of a schedule or plan in mind also helps me to not stress about the things that are NOT getting done. Instead of feeling like I got nothing done because I'm seeing all that still needs to be done or not really getting anything done because I'm trying to do it all, I've been trying to focus on one or two chores or to-do's and then letting myself stop. I don't follow this strictly, but try to keep it in mind. It's still a work in progress, but here is my schedule.

MONDAY:
My room and bathroom
Jeff's laundry

TUESDAY:
Day off/ Usually go to Boppy's

WEDNESDAY:
Bathroom and hallway
Laundry: Towels and blankets

THURSDAY:
Kids rooms and laundry

FRIDAY:
Kitchen and/or Living room
My laundry

SATURDAY:
Kitchen and/or Living room
Catch up laundry

SUNDAY:
Day of rest
Wash my sheets and bedding

EVERYDAY: Tidy kitchen, unload and load/run dishwasher, wipe down stove, counters and table, sweep, get garbage out, vacuum living room, wipe down bathroom

KIDS SHOULD BE: Dressing themselves, using the potty, cleaning up rooms/toys before bed, brushing teeth and hair twice a day

What about you? What is your schedule like? How often do you do certain chores? I feel like I should clean the bathroom everyday but it doesn't usually happen unless really necessary. I try to move the couch and other living room furniture out once a week to vacuum because with small kids we get so many toys etc under there. Is it necessary to do it that often when they are older? How often do you do "spring cleaning" type chores like cleaning out from under the stove or fridge, cleaning carpets, walls and windows? And while I'm asking questions, as a stay at home mom especially, how often do you really wear make-up, do your hair, etc?
Oh and this is just the house keeping schedule. It doesn't include the activities etc with the kids...

1 comment:

  1. You really have your hours filled. It helps to jot down all that you've done, sometimes, and see how much there is. It really does add up. It's hard. I've been trying all my life to be organized and squeaky clean, but as you know, I still haven't gotten anywhere. You are doing one hecka job and you're doing very well. Things do change, though, so don't judge yourself so harshly. You have good values, wanting to establish traditions, for example. I'm sure you will give a lot to our family in that way and we love you for it. You have a big role to play, but don't worry. You're doing fine.

    ReplyDelete