Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday!

We started Rayne's birthday with a present. Because Caius got a zoo for his birthday, she kept saying she was going to get a zoo with a pink slide (the zoo has a blue slide for the polar bear). I had already bought this toy that is a car garage with lots of red ramps. Red is Rayne's favorite color and I thought this was going to work out perfectly. I was right. She calls it her car zoo. I know it's probably considered a "boy" toy, but it seemed like something she would have fun with and I thought all the ramps would get her mind working as well, something she seems to really need lately.
Our activity for the day was swimming. Sadly, Daddy worked all night and had been sick for several days so he came home just too worn out to go. But Rayne's grandma, great grandma, and cousin all went with us and we had a great time even while missing Daddy.
We came home from swimming for a quick bite followed by cake and ice-cream. Rayne helped make the cake the night before and I decorated it once the kids were in bed. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and tiny chocolate chips. We had chocolate chip ice-cream. Do you sense a theme? :) It turned out only Kelsey Grandma and Aunt Nini came over for this but I thought that was just perfect. They didn't mind that I let Rayne sit on the counter, "cut" the cake, or play whatever she and Nini did with the pink flatware BEFORE serving the cake!
Rayne got a lot of really fun presents between her families so I hate to not mention everything but I do have to note how much she LOVES the doll that can go in the bath from Krush and Junior. She's played with baby dolls before but she seems to have really taken to pretending to be a mommy with this one. She pushes it around the house in her little doll stroller and tells me she is pretending to be a mom. And we all LOVE the book Kelsey Grandpa chose called "Giraffes Can't Dance." We've read it multiple times every night since.
Oh and Rayne did get some quality ice-cream time with Daddy the next day. She even requested I take pictures of them doing that :)
HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY TO MY PERFECT, ADORABLE, BRILLIANT, HILARIOUS, RAYNE GIRL!!! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment