Saturday, March 5, 2011

Zoo

A few weekends ago, the weather was surprisingly warm for February. Jeff's mom got up and said, "It's a great day for the zoo." She gave us some money and off we went. It was a perfect day. Not too many people. We were warm in the sun with jackets on and Jeff and I were so excited for Rayne to see the animals. She was perfect!
Above is a picture of what they call a cavvy. They had lots of them in different shapes and sizes. It was a cute little guy who posed at the window for a picture... that is of course, like Rayne, as soon as I was ready for the picture, they both turned around. Oh well. You can at least see how close we were able to get to some of the animals and exhibits.

Rayne talked for several days about the giraffes and their long necks and eating the grass. From her point of view, we were at eye level!

I think the tiger exhibit is all new. Or maybe it's just been a long time since I've been to the zoo. At one part, the tiger was just on the other side of the (dirty) glass. I wanted to pet him.

There were more tigers on this side. Fortunately for Rayne, she has a tall, strong Daddy who could lift her up to see. The tiger in front seemed to pose for all the people. The sign on the post warns that tigers "spray." I was impressed by the size of the animals. I don't remember seeing tigers so big and strong looking. It was kind of awesome.

One of the first animals we saw were the elephants. Rayne, at first, was more excited about the big red ball. There's a baby elephant in there somewhere who eventually played with the ball, rolling all over it. It was really cute and made us laugh.
I really wanted to take Rayne to the zoo for her birthday last year. We finally decided she was still too young/little and it was too expensive anyway. This year, I'll probably be a bit busy on her birthday- at least too tired to walk around the zoo (wink, wink). So, this was a perfect day. We had so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. It is so much fun to find new posts from you. This looks like it was a very perfect day. I love the pictures of the animals. They turned out very well, and then Raynd makes them perfect. And guess what! I think I got here before Kelsey Grandpa...haha.

    ReplyDelete