Thursday, February 19, 2015

Slow and steady is my pace

I've been busy the last few days taking care of sick kids. This mostly consists of sitting on the couch with them and being ready with a snuggle or a tissue. In other words, I've been busy doing not much and not able to do much else. I might be bored being this busy.
In a way, this has been good for me. I've thought that perhaps this is not the time of life to get much done. One intention I had for the new year was to take time for me each day to exercise, study, get dressed and ready for the day. This has been good because I've actually been doing a bit of these things. But it's also been frustrating at times because I can't actually DO any of it. I can't seem to get on a schedule or routine with any of it.
What I'm saying this week is maybe that's okay.
I've always thought of myself as a productive, get things done, successful person. I know some moms are able and even wanting to do more. But maybe my talents lie elsewhere. I am good at wiping noses and giving hugs and just being here, comforting them as best I can. I don't need to run any faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment