Monday, December 15, 2014

Just me

What if I'm a girlie girl?

What if I dress everyday the way I did today? What if it's not good enough? In style? Cool enough to fit in with my neighbor? What if I'm too old? What if I look funny?

What if I like it?

 I recently discovered that I still have this lingering, what I call "junior high" way of viewing things. I'm so afraid of standing out, being different, what someone else might think because surely if one person thinks it, it must be true.
I've never thought of myself as a girlie girl. Probably the same junior high mentality. You don't want to look like a little kid anymore or like your mommy dresses you or something.
Plus I kind of grew up with three brothers and perhaps being too girlie made me feel like I didn't fit in with them or was too weak to stick up for myself.

I like flowers. I like skirts. I like prairie shirts and details like ruffles and lace. I like old fashioned jewelry. I like curly soft hair and subtle make up and soft smelling soaps and perfume.
And maybe I can like these things and still love baseball and doing math and joking with my brothers. I can still be strong and in charge and take care of myself.



yyyyyyyyyyyyygewwuw3cccccbnmggggtttttahssawqertyuioppmmmmmmmmmbbbnnnnnnnnn

No comments:

Post a Comment