Wednesday, April 17, 2013

More of this Energy Talk

Last night before I got in the shower, I stood in my closet trying to figure out if a few pieces I have fit in with this energy stuff I've been talking and thinking about lately. I had two shirts that I thought should work but just couldn't feel like they did. I finally gave up trying to make them work with something, thinking the one shirt probably doesn't fit anymore anyway so I could quit worrying about it. I then thought it would be okay if I just stick with things that work if I really want to go all the way with this.
After my shower I walked to the kitchen remembering a conversation I had with my mom earlier that day. We were looking at some dresses and I explained that one, while it had "my" colors, I didn't think worked because of the flow of it. I compared it to another that did flow and blend the way this system says I should in order to honor my energy. My mom said, "but you don't want to be muted everyday for the rest of your life!" And I responded, "but that's what I am."
(If you read this mom, don't take it as a criticism. I appreciate what you meant when you said that. I'm just trying to say what I thought thinking about it in another context).
And as I stood in my kitchen I gave myself permission to let go of what doesn't work. I am really liking the way this stuff feels and I want to make a comittment to it, to myself, and let myself have fun and believe in it. I want to give myself permission to be muted and soft and subtle and toned down. I've always hated people telling me that's "all" I was and yet I feel now that I have been struggling to be stronger, more defined, funner, cuter... for a very long time. It's okay to let go of that. It's okay to wear what makes me feel good and like what I am on the inside is coming out on the outside. The point of this program is that every woman (person actually) is beautiful and has qualities that aren't always acknowledged by fashion and media. I want to accept that in myself. I want to love myself. I want to express that love.
Yesterday Rayne was admiring my necklace telling me how pretty it was. Then she said "it makes everyone else feel happy looking at it." Honestly, that's what I'm seeking for. Peace in myself and that by being true to my nature, my children will feel honored in theirs as well. What more could I ask to give them!?

No comments:

Post a Comment